Full or Part-time required, job share considered, salaried GP or partnership applications welcome.
We are currently looking for a GP to join our visionary, forward thinking practice team in the picturesque seaside town of Minehead, known as the Gateway to Exmoor.
We pride ourselves on providing good quality patient services within an excellent team working environment. Our visionary approach has led us to expand our team to include paramedics, nurse practitioners and a primary care pharmacist to support our GPs. We are constantly looking for opportunities to develop smarter work streams.
- Work/life balance. Finishing on time is important to us
- Supportive working environment with a team which values coffee breaks
- Culture of protected working days to ensure job satisfaction, good morale and safe patient care
- Portfolio careers encouraged and our GPs have a range of interests
- Well established training practice
- In-house clinical education programme and regular team meetings
- GMS practice with 13,500 patients, 10 GP partners and 1 salaried GP
- Highly trained nursing team running chronic disease management clinics
- Support from 4 paramedics (2 WTE) over 5 days for acute home visits and same day access slots and 2 nurse practitioners
- Primary care pharmacist running our hypertension register and recently obtained prescribing qualification
- Long-serving team led by our Practice Manager who has been in post for over 10 years
- Friendly administrative support teams including experienced repeat prescription clerks
- CQC rating ‘Good’
- Active involvement with Somerset LMC and Somerset Clinical Commissioning Group with one GP partner as current chair
- Members of the West Somerset GP Federation
- Minehead is an easy commute from the Taunton and Bridgwater areas and is free from the hassle of rush hour traffic
Other benefits include:
- Good salary – negotiable and based on experience
- Medical indemnity paid
- Generous annual leave entitlement plus study leave
We would be more than happy to offer a taster session as a locum GP so you can experience working with our friendly team.
To find our more and arrange an informal visit, please contact Janet Hewlett, Practice Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org
Primary Care Practitioner
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who is a team player and is keen to develop their own skills and support the development of other members of the team. Whether you are a current Advanced Clinical Practitioner or are developing towards that role, we have a supportive environment to help you develop and practice safely.
You will work closely with our GPs to deliver clinical care to patients both in the surgery setting and in the community. Your own car and a full driving licence are required.
For an application pack please contact Alex Groves, Deputy Practice Manager and HR Lead, Minehead Medical Centre, via email at email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Monday 10th May 2021 at 12 noon
01643 703441 - opt 1
01643 703441 - Opt 2
(SURGERY EMAIL ADDRESS)
If your correspondence relates to a request for medical treatment or any urgent matter please contact our Patient and Practitioner Services team on 01643 703441 (8:30am – 6:30pm). Our prescription line is available for any medication queries or prescription requests on the same number (9am - 12 noon, Monday – Friday).
Our GPs and clinical team cannot provide medical advice by email. General information for the attention of a GP will be passed on if requested.
Please note - this email is not continually monitored.
(REPEAT PRESCRIPTIONS EMAIL ADDRESS)
This email is for repeat prescription requests only.
If your medication request is urgent please contact our prescription line on 01643 703441 (Option 2). 9am - 12 noon, Monday - Friday.
Please include your name and date of birth with your request. Please be advised that requests for “all repeats” or requests with limited information are likely to result in a delay in the processing of medication. In such instances, staff will need to contact you to discuss your exact requirements.
This email inbox is only monitored during prescription line hours - 9am - 12 noon, Monday - Friday.
For repeat prescription ordering 24 hours a day, 7 days a week – please sign up to Patient Access or the NHS App – further details can be found on the Prescriptions and Online Access page of our website.
Minehead Medical Centre Address
Harley House Site
2 Irnham Road, Minehead, Somerset, TA24 5DL