Tests & Results
Getting results to you even easier.
Tests & Results
We are happy for you to telephone for your results, but for your protection we do have a strict policy regarding confidentiality and data protection.
We will only release test results to the person to whom they relate unless that person has given prior permission for the release of this data or they are not capable of understanding the results.
Results are sent electronically from the hospital to your Doctor who will then review and comment on them. Please phone after 2pm for all results.
The Practice Protocol for giving results:
PHONING FOR RESULTS
- Establish if the patient is phoning for their own results
- Ask for patient to tell you their date of birth, full name & address and When the test was taken
- Their GP or the GP who requested the test
- If it is not the patient on the phone ask to speak to the patient him/herself before giving result
ARRIVING AT THE SURGERY FOR RESULTS
- If patient themselves or the patients known representative calls for result hand over the results in a sealed envelope.
Contacting Patient with results
- When asked by doctor to inform patient they need an appointment please telephone the patient in the first instance to offer them an appointment. If you are unable to speak to the patient use the standard letter on EMIs (Make appointment with GP for test results).
- Post letter 2nd class for routine or 1st if more urgent.
- Add an entry on the patient’s consultation screen explaining why they have been asked to come in and which tests results it is regarding. If you have written to the patient edit the entry next to the letter indicating which results the letter is regarding
01643 703441 - opt 1
01643 703441 - Opt 2
(SURGERY EMAIL ADDRESS)
If your correspondence relates to a request for medical treatment or any urgent matter please contact our Patient and Practitioner Services team on 01643 703441 (8:30am – 6:30pm). Our prescription line is available for any medication queries or prescription requests on the same number (9am - 12 noon, Monday – Friday).
Our GPs and clinical team cannot provide medical advice by email. General information for the attention of a GP will be passed on if requested.
Please note - this email is not continually monitored.
(REPEAT PRESCRIPTIONS EMAIL ADDRESS)
This email is for repeat prescription requests only.
If your medication request is urgent please contact our prescription line on 01643 703441 (Option 2). 9am - 12 noon, Monday - Friday.
Please include your name and date of birth with your request. Please be advised that requests for “all repeats” or requests with limited information are likely to result in a delay in the processing of medication. In such instances, staff will need to contact you to discuss your exact requirements.
This email inbox is only monitored during prescription line hours - 9am - 12 noon, Monday - Friday.
For repeat prescription ordering 24 hours a day, 7 days a week – please sign up to Patient Access or the NHS App – further details can be found on the Prescriptions and Online Access page of our website.
Minehead Medical Centre Address
Harley House Site
2 Irnham Road, Minehead, Somerset, TA24 5DL